Sunday, 6 September 2015

My Mum


In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself
My writing:


How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks


I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks

I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks


Reflection

My favourite part was: writing my story because it made me remember all those special things I did with mum. My mum is really special.

It was really hard when: planning because I just wanted to write. I had no plan so it made it hard to make sure my ideas were in order.

Something that really helped me was: doing other describing writing so I knew what to do. Rereading my story helped so I could add more details.

Something new I learned was: it is really important to add details to help my reader.

Kerri Thinks
I am pleased that all the other describing and adding details writing we have done helped you to create this piece. What great learning for you; you learned how important is is to have a great plan (so you can capture your ideas and write them in order) and how important it is to add details (to help the reader 'see' into your brain. I think you normally plan your writing, but you could add some more details so that is why I gave you a yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment