Sunday, 13 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read



How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks



I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks
 



I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks



Reflection

Thinking about what I already know helps me because: I think about some stuff that might be in the book, it gets me ready to read.

It was really hard when: I don't know anything about what the story is about.

Something that really helped me was: The talking at the start becasue we can ask and answer a few of the question before we read it.

Something new I learned was: thinking about what I am going to read before I start helps me becasue I can understand my story better.

Kerri Thinks
We do a lot of chatting before we start reading. That helps us to 'engage our prior knowledge' and think about what we already know so we are ready for reading and learning.  It helps us to understand our reading. Remember to listen to the ideas and thinking of others in the group, we can all learn from each other. I know that you are a great reader so your next learning step is to work together with your group - sometimes you are the leader and sometimes you are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment